12. Robb BC, Olsoy PJ, Mitchell JJ, Caughlin TT, Delparte DM, Galla SJ, Fremgen-Tarantino MR, Nobler JD, Rachlow JL, Shipley LA, Sorensen Forbey J (Accepted) Near-infrared spectroscopy aids ecological restoration by classifying variation of taxonomy and phenology of a native shrub. Restoration Ecology. DOI: 10.1111/rec.13584
11. Melton A, Beck J, Galla SJ, Jenkins J, Handley L, Kim M, Grimwood J, Schmutz J, Richardson B, Serpe M, Novak S, Buerki, S (Accepted) Reversing the genome-to-phenome research pipeline: a draft genome provides hypotheses on drought tolerance in a keystone plant species in western North America threatened by climate change. Ecology and Evolution. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1002/ece3.8245
10. Rohn T, Beck J, Galla SJ, Isho NF, Pollock TB, Suresh T, Kulkarni A, Sanghal T, Hayden EJ (Accepted) Fragmentation of Apolipoprotein E4 is Required for Differential Expression of Inflammation and Activation Related Genes in Microglia Cells. International Journal of Neurodegenerative Disorders, 4(1):1-9.
9. Galla SJ, Brown L, Couch-Lewis Y, Cubrinovska I, Eason D, Gooley RM, Hamilton JA, Heath JA, Hauser SS, Latch EK, Matocq MD, Richardson A, Wold JR, Hogg CJ, Santure AW, Steeves TE (In Press). The relevance of pedigrees in the conservation genomics era. Molecular Ecology. https://doi.org/10.1111/mec.16192
8. Wold JR, Galla SJ, Eccles D, Hogg CJ, Koepfli KP, Le Lec M, Guhlin J, Roberts J, Price K, Steeves TE (In Press) Expanding the conservation genomics toolbox: incorporating structural variants to enhance functional studies for species of conservation concern. Invited Submission to the Molecular Ecology Special Issue on Whole Genome Sequencing. https://doi.org/10.1111/mec.16141
7. Wojahn JMA, Galla SJ, Melton AE, Buerki S (2021). G2PMineR: A genome to phenome literature review approach. Genes, 12(2): 293.
6. Overbeek AL and Galla SJ (co-first author), Brown L, Thyne C, Maloney RF, Steeves TE (In Press) Pedigree validation using genetic markers in an intensively-managed taonga species, the critically endangered kakī (Himantopus novaezelandiae). Notornis Special Issue on Wading Birds.
5. Galla SJ, Moraga R, Brown L, Cleland S, Hoeppner MP, Maloney RF, Richardson A, Slater L, Santure AW, Steeves TE (2020) A comparison of pedigree, genetic, and genomic estimates of relatedness for informing pairing decisions in two critically endangered birds: Implications for conservation breeding programmes worldwide. Evolutionary Applications, 13(5), 991-1008.
4. Galla SJ, Forsdick NJ, Brown L, Hoeppner MP, Knapp M, Maloney RF, Moraga R, Santure AW, Steeves TE (2019) Reference genomes from distantly related species can be used for discovery of single nucleotide polymorphisms to inform conservation management. Genes, 10 (1), DOI: 10.3390.
3. Galla SJ, Buckley TR, Elshire R, Hale ML, Knapp M, McCallum J, Moraga R, Santure AW, Wilcox P, Steeves TE (2016) Building strong relationships between conservation genetics and primary industry leads to mutually beneficial genomic advances. Molecular Ecology, 25, 5267-5281.
2. Galla SJ, Johnson JA (2015) Influence of differential introgression and effective size of marker type on phylogenetic inference of a recently divergent group of polygynous grouse. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 84: 1-13.
1. Galla SJ, Viers BL, Gradie PE, Saar DE (2009) Morus murrayana (Moraceae): a new mulberry from eastern North America. Phytologia, 91(1): 105-116.
Department of Biological Sciences
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Science 107 MS1515